Jack Blalock is the current Mayor of Portsmouth and owner of The Old Ferry Landing.
A life long resident of Portsmouth managing a family owned business (43 years) in partnership with his son Richard and his daughter Jackie. In addition to being a local business owner, he also has extensive civic experience, including:
- Currently Mayor of Portsmouth since January 2016
- Assistant Mayor 2008-2009
- A Director of the PHA Development Board Ltd 2006-present
- Served 15 years on Zoning Board of Adjustment—8 years as Chairman
- Serves on Granite Bank Citizens Advisory Board
- Volunteered in Portsmouth school activities 16 years
- Recreation Department volunteer
- Coached youth athletic programs
- Dondero School PTA President
What are two things that you want Portsmouth voters to know about you?
- Portsmouth is my hometown where I was born, educated, started s business and raised a family. My institutional knowledge is deep and I am running for City Council to give back to a community that I love.
- I want to follow through on many of the initiatives we started over the last two years and help guide the city to make good, responsible decisions.
One compelling reason that Portsmouth residents should vote on November 7th?
It is important that residents vote to ensure the right leadership is elected to represent their best interest and preserve the unique community we live in.