Looking for something to do this week? Here’s a few options:
Curated Upcoming Local Events (CULE!) from The #PortsmouthLOVE Letter!
* 8pm: Button Factory Jazz Presents: Charlie Kohlhase Explorers Club @ WSCA’s Button Factory stage — Alto and baritone saxophonist Charlie Kohlhase (b. 11/28/56, Portsmouth, NH) has been a part of Boston’s jazz scene for more than thirty years… read more about him in the event page.
* 8:30–10am: CreativeMornings PKX — The monthly networking creative meetup you either have tickets to or should be setting your alarm to register in time for the next one!
* 7pm: Ani DiFranco @ Prescott Park — River House Concert Series opener at Prescott Park
* 8am – 2pm: Portsmouth Farmers Market @ City Hall Hill — Portsmouth Saturday mornings are for neighbors and fresh local goods!
* 10:30am – 4pm; 7 – 8:30pm: Juneteenth Celebration: Law and Order: An American Dilemma by Black Heritage Trail NH @ Middle Street Baptist Church — Community Dialogue, Soul Food, Black History Tour, African Drumming & Dance, African American Musical Montage. Full schedule of events on blackheritagetrailnh.org.
* 4pm: Stiletto Sprint @ Pleasant Street, Portsmouth — Big Brothers Big Sisters is holding their annual Stiletto Sprint fundraiser — you have til tomorrow to register if you want to participate! Or you can just show up and watch!
* 6 – 9pm: Swizzle @ 3S Artspace — the annual fundraiser for our fave multidisciplinary contemporary art gallery and performance venue! And yes, the silent dance party is returning!
* 6 – 10pm: NH Women’s Foundation GAL|A @ Grappone Conference Center, Concord — Join NHWF for a celebration of NH’s trailblazing women at their inaugural GAL|A with dinner, dancing (with band Bayside), and the announcement of our AmplifiHER honorees Molly Scheu and Barb Zeckhausen and 2018 trailblazers Valerie Cunningham, Cassandra Levesque and Carol Pierce.
* 12 –5pm: Seacoast Food Truck & Craft Beer Festival @ Somersworth — The 2nd annual food truck festival is back! Head up to Somersworth for tons of free parking and food trucks! Two things that are really hard to find in Portsmouth!
* 1 – 5pm: Open House @ Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse — Friends of Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouses hosts open houses at Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse in New Castle every Sunday from late May through mid-October. No reservations are needed; tours are on a first come, first served basis.
* Tuesday 6/19 8:30am: Plein Air group with NHAA @ Bedrock Gardens in Lee, NH — Join other local artists and photographers for plein air sessions. Not a class, just a fun meetup centered around plein air art making!
* Tuesday 6/19 9am – 5pm: Feminists, Waffles, Work @ Teatotaller — Join entrepreneurs, business owners and freelancers who are interested in working towards a more equitable community. Join for the full day or a half-day.
* Wednesday 6/13 2:15–6pm: Dover Farmers Market @ Chamber of Commerce parking lot
*Got a tip on an upcoming event? Send it our way!*
6/21: Grown-up Play Date Kick-off to Summer Party @ Children’s Museum of NH
6/23: Portsmouth PRIDE
PortsmouthNH.com // SeacoastOnline.com // SeacoastLately.com