Looking for something to do this week? Here are a few options:
Curated Upcoming Local Events (CULE!) from The #PortsmouthLOVE Letter!
* 5–8pm: Living Card Game Night @ Diversions — Join up with others in this casual play event for Living Card Games such as A Game of Thrones: The Card Game, Arkham Horror: The Card Game, Android: Netrunner and more!
* 8pm: Button Factory Jazz: Josh Gagnon Quartet @ WSCA’s Button Factory stage — Quartet for this week’s jazz set: Josh Gagnon – Trombone; Nihco Gallo – Vibraphone; Jason Emmond – Bass; Zak King – Drums.
* 5pm: Pocket Garden Tours — Starts at South Church and tours around some lovely gardens around downtown. (also happening Saturday at 9am)
* 5–6:30pm: Tiny Enormous Art Show @ PMAC — Inspired by Nahcotta’s Enormous Tiny Art Show, PMAC (with the blessing of Nahcotta) is putting its own spin on the concept with its first-ever Tiny Enormous Art Show. Featuring larger works by eight local artists, this oversized exhibit embraces everything BIG.
* 7pm: Throwback Barre // 80s Night to benefit Seacoast Outright @ Suite Pilates — Work up a sweat while working up some donations for Seacoast Outright in the leadup to PRIDE!
* 7–8:30pm: Sacred Circle Dance – Solstice! @ Portsmouth Center for Yoga & the Arts — Celebrate the summer solstice at this monthly $5 drop-in class.
* 8am – 2pm: Portsmouth Farmers Market @ City Hall Hill — Portsmouth Saturday mornings are for neighbors and fresh local goods!
* 5pm: Pocket Garden Tours — Starts at South Church and tours around some lovely gardens around downtown. (also happening Friday at 5pm)
* 9am – Fill the Hall
* 1pm — Portsmouth PRIDE @ Portsmouth Public Library (to march) & Strawbery Banke (marketplace/entertainment — The march gathers around 12:30 at the library, and marches at 1:15pm all the way through town to Strawbery Banke, where the PRIDE marketplace and entertainment/music/speaking/celebrating happens through 5pm! Don’t miss the after parties for youth and adults, too!
* 2pm: Feminist Article Club: Doughnut Economics @ Teatotaller — Discuss a new economy! But you don’t have to read the whole book. That’s the beauty of article club! You can just watch the TED Talk or read a short article and come chat.
* 3pm: Sarah Haskell: Well Used, Well Loved artist talk @ George Marshall Gallery — Sarah will talk about her community art project that explores age, beauty, impermanence and attachment. Her stunning 12 foot long piece includes hand spun paper threads woven into the linen panels.
* Tuesday 6/26 8:30am: Plein Air group with NHAA @ Bedrock Gardens in Lee, NH — Join other local artists and photographers for plein air sessions. Not a class, just a fun meetup centered around plein air art making!
* Tuesday 6/26 9am – 5pm: Feminists, Waffles, Work @ Teatotaller — Join entrepreneurs, business owners and freelancers who are interested in working towards a more equitable community. Join for the full day or a half-day.
* Tuesday 6/26 6:30–8pm: Portsmouth 400 Listening Session @ Portsmouth Public Library — How do you wanna celebrate Portsmouth turning 400? Come to this fun sesh and share your ideas with other community members.
* Tuesday 6/26 6:15–8pm: True Tales Live Storytelling @ PPMtv — Join and listen to neighbors telling stories — or sign up to tell a story yourself!
* Wednesday 6/27 2:15–6pm: Dover Farmers Market @ Chamber of Commerce parking lot
*Got a tip on an upcoming event? Send it our way!*