This is our last issue of 2017, so we thought we’d highlight some local stuff that might play right into your New Year’s Resolutions.
Common resolution themes include jumping into more creative endeavors, taking more time in nature and/or around art. Here are some local tips for meeting those resolutions this year:
* Take a woodcut relief printing or ceramics class or workshop at Chase’s Garage. (*Featured image*)
* Sign up for music or art lessons at PMAC.
* Take advantage of your library card’s access to free and discounted museum passes — tons of great art, science and history to explore!
* Join Runner’s Alley for Thursday evening or Saturday morning running groups(all levels & speeds welcome)
* Check out Nature Walks, (indoor—for when it’s chilly!) Close Encounters with ocean critters and more experiences at Seacoast Science Center
* Drop in to Time to Write at The Word Barn, twice a month starting in January
* Become a member of Portsmouth Historical Society and get discounted access to the plethora of cultural and historical events at Discover Portsmouth & other PHS sites