Okay, I’m biased. As a writer, I often view the city through the lens of a wordsmith. But clearly I’m not the only one. Here are some resources for Portsmouth with the focus on writers:
- Literary Boroughs: Portsmouth, NH — Great write-up on the literary qualities of Portsmouth, including great places to write
- List of Ongoing Literary Stuff in Portsmouth — Written by Tamara Collins of Portsmouth Writers Salon
- Book discussions at the library — Writers read.
- OUT LOUD Book Club — Every month, folks gather and read. Out Loud.
- Beat Night — Every 3rd Thursday, one hour of feature readers and one hour of open mic for any and all type of content
- Writers in the Loft series — a series of writer talks at The Music Hall Loft
- NH Seacoast Writers Group — a creative writers meetup in Portsmouth
- The Word Barn — wonderful literary & musical events, in Exeter, NH
Portsmouth has a rich music scene history. Just watch In Danger of Being Discovered, a documentary about the local music scene of small towns, using Portsmouth as an example. So if you’re a musician new to Portsmouth, or just traveling through, here are some handy links for you: