* 6:30pm: PechaKucha Night Portsmouth @ 3S Artspace — Sold out, maybe sign up for the next one if you missed tix for this one?
* 7pm: Beat Night @ Book & Bar — A live band and an open mic — come hear local poets of all ages and backgrounds read in front of one of the best improvising bands on the Seacoast! This month’s features are: John Burroughs, Stephen Haven and Jeff Stern. John & Stephen are “from away” (Ohio and Mass) which is rad, and Jeff Stern I can say from experience from being at his last Beat Night performance — he will bring. the house. down. Features 7-8pm; Open mic 8-9/9:30pm.
* 7pm: Blues Band Spring Concert @ Dover Brickhouse — part of PMAC’s Spring Concert Series — featuring the Adult Blues Ensemble with groove tunes.
* 7pm: Bluegrass and Ukulele Spring Concert @ PMAC — part of PMAC’s Spring Concert Series — for the bluegrass fans!
* 7pm: Voices on Women & Resistance @ The Word Barn — Head to Exeter for the area’s most literary barn, and hear from three readers Adrian Shirk, Tom Simpson and Mercy Carbonell.
* 8pm: Marco Benevento w/ Gretchen and the Pickpockets @ 3S Artspace —
* 8am–1pm: Portsmouth Farmers Market @ City Hall hill — see neighbors, eat breakfast sandwiches, drink coffee — oh, and get fresh local goods!
* 10am–4pm: Exeter Arts & Music Fest @ Swasey Parkway
* 11am_4pm: Indonesian Spring Bazaar in Somersworth — Eat delicious food, browse crafts and goods, see some beautiful dance and entertainment, all while supporting our Indonesian neighbors.
* 1pm: Teen Rock Band @ Dover Brickhouse — part of PMAC’s Spring Concert Series! These teens really rock.
* 6pm – midnight: Summit Indie Fest @ Book and Bar — Come see Damn Tall Buildings, Gretchen and the Pickpockets, Young Frontier and Troll2. All proceeds go towards Team Summit, a youth development program in Lawrence Mass.
* 8pm: Start Making Sense- A Tribute to Talking Heads w/ SeepeopleS @ 3S Artspace — The musicians in this 7-piece Talking Heads Tribute take pride in faithfully recreating the music of Talking Heads entire career, including songs Talking Heads never performed live! I heard good things about this band after their last show at 3S!
* 1pm: Seacoast Youth Symphony Orchestra @ PMAC — SYSO, SYSO Junior Explorers and SYSO String Explorers are excited to perform selections of music with a story — hear music from movies such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Moana, and more!
* 4pm: New Hampshire Gay Men’s Chorus 20th Anniversary Spring Concert @ South Church
Next Week (5/21–5/24)
* Tuesday 5/22 9am–5pm: Feminist Oasis workshop & coworking @ Teatotaller — Join for the full day or just the morning or afternoon workshops.
* Tuesday 5/22 7pm: RBG @ The Music Hall Loft — As I type this, I’ve just come from the opening night sold out screening. Trust me — go see this! Better get your tickets ahead of time, too. These last few screenings may sell out!
* Tuesday 5/22: A Night of Historical Fiction @ Water Street Bookstore
* Wednesday 5/23 4:30pm: Portsmouth Women’s History Walking Tour @ Discover Portsmouth — and all around town.
* Wednesday 5/23: 7pm: Safer Cycling in Portsmouth @ Portsmouth High School — Organized by PS21, Phil Goff will give a presentation on innovations in bicycle infrastructure.
* Thursday 5/24 5–7pm: The Liminal Moment @ Haley Art Gallery, York, ME
* Tuesday 5/24 7pm: RBG @ The Music Hall Loft — See. It. For reals. It is a great documentary. You’ll learn so much and be very inspired.
PortsmouthNH.com // SeacoastOnline.com // SeacoastLately.com