Cliff Lazenby is Director of Information Technology at Ocean Properties, where he has worked in Portsmouth for 15 years. There, he manages IT for 90 US hotels including Wentworth by the Sea Marriott.
His civic experience in Portsmouth is extensive and includes:
- Chairman – Citywide Neighborhood Committee
- Selectman – Ward 4 (elected 2015)
- Vice Chair, Board of Directors at 3S Artspace (non-profit arts organization)
- Elementary School Facilities Committee member (former)
- School Technology Committee member (former)
- Vice President, PTA at Dondero School (former)
- Sustainable Portsmouth member (former)
What are two things that you want Portsmouth voters to know about you
- I am motivated by “how we get there” as much as by any specific current issues in Portsmouth. I believe that the more citizens and leaders engage with each other, the better our institutions can serve the will of the people. My role in serving Portsmouth is about enabling the community to achieve its missions, and to do so efficiently, constructively and with empathy.
- I am inspired by Portsmouth, empowered by Portsmouth, and mindful of the importance of civic participation. As much as I enjoy fulfillment from Portsmouth and its depth of history, remarkable people and dynamic culture, I am motivated to contribute in return.
One compelling reason that Portsmouth residents should vote on November 7th:
The reason to vote is the exact reason why I am running to serve — it is an opportunity to make positive, noticeable impact in the local environment where you spend most of your daily life. Your vote not only counts — the 9th seat on the current City Council was decided by 12 votes — but by casting it you stake a claim in how we make decisions with each other, what our spending priorities are, and what type of community we live in.